sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed,
it has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all
those other forms that have been tried from time to time.
Sir Winston Churchill, Hansard, November 11, 1947
http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Sir_Winston_Churchill/31

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Richardson" <Mark.Richardson@co.macomb.mi.us>
To: <Cubbagec@aol.com>; <HAMILTREEF@aol.com>; <Ortpam@comcast.net>;
<enviro-mich@great-lakes.net>; <tstephens@sugarlaw.org>;
<fecowles@yahoo.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2003 11:42 PM
Subject: Re: E-M:/ Let the governor be governor

Enviro-Mich message from "Mark Richardson" <Mark.Richardson@co.macomb.mi.us>

I believe Churchill said "Democracy is a very bad form of government.
Sadly, all the others are so much worse."

>>> <Cubbagec@aol.com> 05/21/03 05:42PM >>>
RE balance:  There are several options.  The ag commissioners, by statute,
must include 2 dems 2 reps & 1 independent.  On the other hand, many
committees are sorted out into interest groups eg industry, agency (often
non
voting), enviro, medical, and other affected publics depending on the
commission.  Not bad and as Fred said, I think, democracy isn't necessarily
efficient - but as Winston C once said, it isn't so good until you look at
all the other options.  If anyone recalls Churchill's quote on the matter,
I'd appreciate it.

Regards,
Chuck

enviro-mich"