E-M:/ Shorelines and property rights

Enviro-Mich message from Andrew Mutch <andrewimutch@yahoo.com>

As I was walking the shores of Lake Michigan this
weekend, I was wondering, do the people who claim to
own the lake bottomlands to the waters' edge of
Michigan's waters pay taxes on that property? I wonder
how many of these same people would be so quick to
claim ownership if their properties were reassessed to
reflect the additional property and the value of
owning lakefront property? If they want to claim
ownership of the land, they should pay the State for
the benefit that they have gained.

Andrew Mutch
Novi