E-M:/ Ford Protest June 14 in Dearborn

Enviro-Mich message from Frank Ambrose <snakeman1549@yahoo.com>

Call to Action: Protest Ford Motor Company at their
100th anniversary celebration!

Ford has the technology to produce cleaner vehicles,
but continues to drive America's oil addiction, at the
expense of rainforests, indigenous people, our
economy, national security, and public health.  This
must change!

To break our oil addiction, Global Exchange and
Rainforest Action Network are asking communities to
target Ford Motor Company to demand that the
corporation increase the fuel efficiency of its
vehicles to 50 miles per gallon by 2010 and to
completely eliminate tailpipe emissions by
2020. By dramatically reducing our outdated cars'
demand for oil, we can take a huge step toward getting
the petroleum monkey off our backs.

What You can do:
As Ford celebrates its 100th anniversary, come join
activists and organizations in Dearborn to send a loud
and clear message that we will no longer tolerate the
production of primitive gas-guzzling vehicles that
put us all at risk.

When: Saturday, June 14th at 12 noon
Where: In front of the entrance to Ford World
Headquarters Michigan Avenue between Southfield
Freeway and Greenfield Road Dearborn, Michigan

*From June 12-16, we are looking for volunteers to
hand out fliers and take on other tasks.  For more
information, please contact:
Christine Corwin, Rainforest Action Network:
415-595-3728
OR Jason Mark, Global Exchange: 415-378-2735

To learn more about the campaign, visit
www.jumpstartford.com.