E-M:/ June 30 deadline to Save Au Sable River

A Clean Water Action member brought this to my attention.  Although many are in the throes of fighting inadequate water pollution legislation, there is an easy way to send your comments via e-mail.  Please help if you can.

"I am writing to make sure you are aware of a proposed oil and gas drilling operation that threatens one of northern Michigan's most pristine watersheds, the Au Sable River.  There is summary information and an on-line letter writing campaign at http://www.questoutdoors.net/misc/sbattack/ . Time is running out for public comment on the matter, so any help in getting the word out would be greatly appreciated.

According to a Forest Service document, public comment must be received by June 30th.

Another source of information on this issue would be the Anglers of the Au Sable (www.ausableanglers.org), who are more local to the issue and experienced in dealing with these types of matters."

Kym Spring, Community Organizer
Clean Water Action
616.742.4084