E-M:/ Need help tracing "higher standard" article

Enviro-Mich message from HAMILTREEF@aol.com

I need some help to retrace a newspaper (Freep or Det News) article that I
had passed on, but forgot to make hard copy.  About a year ago there was a court
ruling in SE Michigan Detroit area community that said (paraphrase from vague
memory) "a local community can adopt environmental quality local zoning
regulations of higher standards than the state minimum and hold a company to the
higher local standards."  Does this sound familiar?

My local community is considering to do the same thing, but would like the
example above for city council discussion.  Thanks.

Tom Hamilton, White Lake PAC