Re: E-M:/ Holcim & Dow Call For Suspension of NOX Regulations

Enviro-Mich message from "William Tobler" <williamtobler@critterswoods.org>

Considering the ozone action days that we are experiencing and can look
forward to, this is real *thoughtful* of them.

I guess they and GW don't think that breathing is a necessary life
function.

---
> Enviro-Mich message from Jeff Gearhart <jeffg@ecocenter.org>
---

> Two of our major state polluters, Holcim and Dow, who are members of
> something called the Industrial Energy Consumers of America, have
> called on President Bush to use emergency powers to suspend key NOX
> related emission requirements.  The stated reason is avoid a natural
> gas price crisis???
>
>  From the IECA:
>
> "4. Direct the appropriate federal and state agencies to allow permit
> holders temporary
> waivers from the confines of their existing operating permits until
> the natural gas crisis is
> over. This includes summer NOx rules to keep the coal fired units
> running. The waivers
> should include the operational flexibility necessary to accomplish
> all of the above."
>
> Coalition member companies: Abbott Laboratories, Air Liquide America
L.P., BASF