E-M:/ Huron River Day

From: "Frenzel, Jason" <JFrenzel@ci.ann-arbor.mi.us>
To: "Frenzel, Jason" <JFrenzel@ci.ann-arbor.mi.us>
Cc: NAP <NAP@ci.ann-arbor.mi.us>
Subject: Huron River Day
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 12:07:32 -0400

Hello all-

I was hoping that you would be willing to email out an announcement to your
respective group/listserve about Huron River Day.  As you may know, this is
an effective, inexpensive way to publicize a wonderful event.  Below I've
included a short blurb for you to send.  Thank you for your time.
-Jason

Jason Frenzel
Outreach Coordinator
Natural Area Preservation Division
Department of Parks & Recreation
City of Ann Arbor
734.996.3266
Fax: 734.997.1072
jfrenzel@ci.ann-arbor.mi.us
we must be the change we wish to see in the world ~Mahatma Gandhi

Looking for a something to do next Sunday that would be great to bring the
family to?  Huron River Day will be Sunday, July 13, with events all day
long.  There will be many opportunities to get out and celebrate the
watershed, and learn lots too!

Huron River Day
Sunday, July 13, 2003
F R E E    A D M I S S IO N
The 23rd annual event celebrating the Huron River
Call Gallup Canoe Livery 662-9319 for more info

Gallup Park, 12 - 4 pm
City of Ann Arbor Parks & Recreation
         * Entertainment * Live Animal Presentations * Music * Nature Walks *
Food * Fun Run * Magic shows *
         * Children's Activities sponsored by Metro Parent * Free Canoe &
Kayak Rentals sponsored by Subaru *
         * Bubbleman * Canoe/Kayak Demos * Fishing Derby * Exhibits *
Tour of Furstenberg/Gallup Nature Areas at 1:00 PM (meet in the Furstenberg
Nature Area parking lot,  mile
west of Gallup Park).

Parker Mill County Park, 12 - 4 pm
Washtenaw County Parks and Recreation Commission
         * Tour the Grist Mill * Rubber Duck Race on Fleming Creek *

Arboretum, 12 - 4 pm
University of Michigan
         * Hike the Clean Water Trail by canoeing or walking from Gallup Park

Morning Activities
         * Running Race * Bike Ride
         * Tour of Cedar Bend Nature Area at 10:00 AM (meet at the Island
Park parking lot, off Fuller).

PO Box 39,  East Lansing, MI  48826-0039
(517) 332-6971; (517) 332-8987 (fax); ajs@sagady.com
Mohammed Kubaisi, 12, was fatally shot in the chest on the roof of his home
in Baghdad by a U.S. soldier.  Mohammed's father, unlike his mother, said
he was not ready to call for revenge, but expressed astonishment that the
U.S. military had not apologized for killing his son.    "I want to speak
to the man who killed my son, and I want to speak to his superior," he
said. "That is our tradition. We must speak."