From: <admin@airqualityontario.com>
To: <ajs@sagady.com>
Subject: ** Smog Advisory **
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 13:40:24 -0500

Please do not reply to this e-mail. For general inquiries
about smog alerts, or if you are experiencing technical
difficulties, e-mail: officeaq@ene.gov.on.ca.
For media inquiries call the media line at (416) 314-6666.

A SMOG ADVISORY* has been issued by the Ontario Ministry of
Environment and Energy for the following forecast regions:

     For: Tuesday July 1, 2003
     Brant-Haldimand-Norfolk
     Elgin
     Halton-Peel
     Hamilton
     London-Middlesex-Oxford
     Niagara
     Sarnia-Lambton
     Windsor-Essex-Chatham-Kent

For more details visit the Air Quality Ontario website at:
www.airqualityontario.com

During the smog episode, individuals may experience eye
irritation. Heavy outdoor exercise may cause respiratory
symptoms such as coughing or shortness of breath. People
with heart or lung disease including asthma may experience
a worsening of their condition.

* A Smog Advisory means that there is a strong likelihood
that there may be poor air quality within the next 24 hours
due to ground-level ozone and particulate matter.

Spare the Air Actions

During a smog alert, there are a number of actions that you can
take to help spare the air.

Travel tips - all year round:
  - leave your car at home - walk, cycle, carpool or take public transit
  - tele-conference instead of driving to meetings
  - limit car trips by doing all your errands at once, and do
    not let your engine idle
  - keep your car well tuned, check your tire pressure and
    drive at moderate speeds

Health tips:
  - wear light clothing at work while air conditioning is reduced
  - avoid exposure to vehicle exhaust fumes
  - avoid strenuous exercise in the heat of the day
  - consult your doctor for specific health advice

Electricity saving tips:
  -  save electricity at home by turning down the air
     conditioner and turning off lights you are not using

Other pollution reduction tips:
  - leave lawn mowing for another day
  - restrict the use of gasoline-powered equipment
  - delay using oil-based paints, solvents and cleaners
  - do not use the barbecue

------------------------------------
  www.airqualityontario.com

PO Box 39,  East Lansing, MI  48826-0039
(517) 332-6971; (517) 332-8987 (fax); ajs@sagady.com
Mohammed Kubaisi, 12, was fatally shot in the chest on the roof of his home
in Baghdad by a U.S. soldier.  Mohammed's father, unlike his mother, said
he was not ready to call for revenge, but expressed astonishment that the
U.S. military had not apologized for killing his son.    "I want to speak
to the man who killed my son, and I want to speak to his superior," he
said. "That is our tradition. We must speak."