E-M:/ Nothing prevents this GMO Wheat from being grown in Michigan, dowe want to have the consequences identified by Canadian research scientists?

Enviro-Mich message from Praxis <praxis1986@triton.net>

Nothing prevents this GMO Wheat from being grown in Michigan, do we want
to have the consequences identified by Canadian research scientists?

Dear All,

Wheat is an important crop for Michigan farmers. Nothing prevents this
GMO Wheat from being grown in Michigan, do we want to have the
consequences identified in this report?  Do we want the pollen from this
GMO wheat to contaminate organic farm that plant wheat as a crop? An
unavoidable, predictable, and irreversible "Train Wreck" for Michigan's
organic farmers?

Samuel DeFazio
Praxis
2723 116th
Allegan, MI 49010  269-673-2793

WEIRD WHEAT WIELDS WOES

Scientists from the University of Manitoba have released a report
indicating, "Under current conditions the release of Roundup Ready wheat
in Western Canada would be environmentally unsafe." Monsanto's GE wheat
would lead to an increase in the use of glyphosate herbicide, a
widely-used chemical now being linked to increased growth of fungal
plant pathogens,known as fusarium head blight (FHB). FHB has already
caused tens of millions of dollars in losses for wheat farmers on the
eastern prairies of Canada.

http://www.organicconsumers.org/ge/071403_ge_wheat.cfm