E-M:/ The why and how of rBGH-derived milk ended up on the shelves in Michigangrocery stores.

Title:
Dear all,

The why and how of rBGH-derived milk ended up on the shelves in Michigan grocery stores.

If the public does not demand labeling for GMO'S and GMO derived products we will allow large corporations, and complicit state departments and universities to remove our food options one at a time.

Sincerely,

Samuel DeFazio
Praxis
2723 116th Ave
Allegan, MI 49010       269-673-2793

QUICK QUIZ: Is this how HOW U.S. DEMOCRACY WORKS?

Question: How is it that every industrialized nation in the world has banned
Monsanto's rBGH as unsafe, but it's legal (and unlabeled) in the United
States?

Answer: In order for the FDA to determine if Monsanto's growth hormones were safe or not, Monsanto was required to submit a scientific report on that topic. Margaret Miller, one of Monsanto's researchers put the report together. Shortly before the report submission, Miller left Monsanto and was hired by the FDA. Her first job for the FDA was to determine whether or not to approve the report she wrote for Monsanto. In short, Monsanto approved its own report. Assisting Miller was another former Monsanto researcher,Susan Sechen. Deciding whether or not rBGH-derived milk should be labeled fell under the jurisdiction of another FDA official, Michael Taylor, who previously worked as a lawyer for Monsanto.

http://www.organicconsumers.org/rbgh/071303_rbgh.cfm