Re: E-M:/ Steve Chester on out of state waste

Enviro-Mich message from <jeffg@ecocenter.org>

Based on the aggressive waste targets the cement plant has set we estimate
that up to 600,000 tons of industrial waste could be flowing into the
state if this proposal is approved by the DEQ.   Ohio and Indiana are
likely to be prime targets due to the location of the plant in
Dundee(Monroe County, just South of Ann Arbor).

It remains unclear why encouraging out-of-state waste to
landfillied/burned into our air is any less an issue then directly
landfilling imported waste.  The DEQ appears to have a policy of
transfering its solid waste problems into air quality problems(tires,
industrial, etc).