Re: E-M:/ state to tackle childhood lead poisoning

Dave,
I echo your applause for Gov Granholm's efforts on Pb poisoning.  Before I retired from MDA, Chris Leitzau and I were involved with MDA lab support in checking Detroit gardens in a cooperative program aimed at encouraging self reliance.  We too found Pb in the soils and helped kids and neighbor hoods address the issue relative to their garden produce.  I've asked MDA for more recent info.  There many things that go on but don't get the publicity they deserve but that's no news :>)
Regards,
Chuck