E-M:/ FULL MOON CAMPFIRE

Enviro-Mich message from Smileysmlc@aol.com

More Fun at LeFurge Woods--Enjoy an Old-Fashioned Corn Roast!

Our next Full Moon Campfire at the LeFurge Woods Nature Preserve in Superior
Township, Washtenaw County, is this coming Saturday, August 9.  Gates will
open at about 8:00 p.m., with the campfire starting around sunset.

This month's campfire will include a Corn Roast, featuring sweet corn grown
on a local easement-protected farm.  A few lightning bugs should still be in
the fields and a few frogs should still be calling in the wetland.

Bring lawn chairs and campfire refreshments.  Family, friends and children
are welcome (membership is not required).  No pets, please.

Free camping is optional, but please RSVP if you intend to camp.

FOR A MAP AND DIRECTIONS, go to www.mapquest.com and use the address 2252 N.
Prospect, Ypsilanti, MI  48198.  The main entrance to LeFurge Woods is on the
east side of Prospect Road, exactly 1/2 mile north of Geddes (2 1/2 miles
south of Ford Road).  Follow the small driveway back to the campsite.

Hope to see you this Saturday!
(And remember our Summer Picnic, Saturday, August 16 at 1:00 p.m.)

Jack Smiley
Southeast Michigan Land Conservancy
www.landconservancy.com