[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]
E-M:/ Golf course suit 'ends with whimper'
- Subject: E-M:/ Golf course suit 'ends with whimper'
- From: HAMILTREEF@aol.com
- Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 11:42:29 EDT
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- List-Name: Enviro-Mich
- Reply-To: HAMILTREEF@aol.com
Golf course suit 'ends with whimper'
Richard Postma, president of RVP Development Co., agreed to pay a $125,000 fine to the state Department of Environmental Quality for soil blowouts that dumped sediment into Lake Michigan from the construction site from 1998 to 1999.
Postma's lawyer claimed victory in the settlement, noting the state originally sought nearly $700,000 in damage.
Lubben said the state could have saved itself a lot of money last year by accepting RVP's offer to settle the case for $200,000 before the trial began earlier this year.