[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]
E-M:/ PAC forms to fight coastal wetland protection
- Subject: E-M:/ PAC forms to fight coastal wetland protection
- From: "Dave Dempsey" <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 13:41:49 -0400
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- List-Name: Enviro-Mich
- Reply-To: "Dave Dempsey" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
The fight by Save Our Shoreline Inc. to keep
its members' beaches from turning into wetlands will get a boost from the
formation of a political action committee.
Terry Miller, chairman of the environmental
group Lone Tree Council, attended the meeting and was alarmed.
"This represents a real threat to the
environment. What gets lost in the whole debate is the public benefits of
emergent wetlands," Miller said.