E-M:/ tort of trespass

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003, Matthew Abel wrote:

> If my client were the Organic farm in this example, I would sue the GMO
> farm for the tort of trespass, and all the damages resulting from that.
>
> Somebody bring me a case...
>
> (and then let's pass a law requiring GMO farmers to post a bond for each
> GMO crop!)

Hello Matthew,

If tort of trespass holds true for pollen contamination, would it not
also hold true for every other type of contamination via wind, rain,
ground water, streams, the various food chains, etc?

Is there in fact, precedent for that type of suit?

i.e: a citizen seeking damages for trespass rather than
public enforcement by the EPA or MDEQ under other laws.

Lowell Prag