E-M:/ GM Crop Weed Killer Linked to Powerful Fungus

EMers,

Today we learn this news about Monsanto's popular product Roundup, which contains a chemical called glyphosate. This common weed killer to food crops is alleged to increase the size of colonies of the fungus Fusarium, a genus of often very toxic moulds that occurs naturally in soils and occasionally invades crops, but is usually held in check by other microbes. But according to the research discussed below, it may not be held in check anymore:

GM Crop Weed Killer Linked to Powerful Fungus
By JEREMY BIGWOOD
http://www.counterpunch.org/bigwood08232003.html

Michigan State University actively promotes Monsanto's glyphosate products on our state's soybeans and corn. See:

Glyphosate products for use in Roundup-Ready soybeans and corn by MSU Crop and Soil Sciences
http://www.ipm.msu.edu/CAT00_field/FC04-27-00.htm#6

Brian McKenna