E-M:/ Position Announcement

Title:
Position Announcement

Communications and Development Assistant
Part-time

The Michigan Environmental Council (MEC), a 23-year-old nonprofit corporation of 65 environmental, public health and faith-based organizations, is seeking to hire a part-time Communications and Development Assistant in downtown Lansing.  A dynamic organization with a professional staff of 11, MEC is recognized as a leading voice for Michigan’s environment.

Responsibilities:

·    Provide administrative, clerical and communications support where necessary, to include news release, newsletter and other writing for mass audiences; letter writing; database entry; and assisting with mailings and special projects.

·    Assist MEC member organizations with media projects.

·    Participate in and provide support at special events, press conferences, meetings and other efforts as needed.

·    Perform other communications and fundraising support tasks as assigned.

Qualifications
·    Strong writing, organizational and computer skills.

·    Comfort with meeting people and working in a team environment

·    Flexibility essential; sense of humor a plus.

Compensation:  $9 to $10 an hour for 15 to 20 hours per week.

Application deadline:  Until filled.

Send resume and cover letter to:  David Holtz, Director of Communications and Development, Michigan Environmental Council, 119 Pere Marquette Drive, Ste. 2A, Lansing, MI  48912, 517-487-9539, holtzmec@voyager.net.

Founded in 1980, the nonprofit MEC now represents 65 environmental, public
health and faith-based organizations, offering research, communications and
technical support and providing an effective voice for the environment at
the local, state and federal levels.  Working with our member groups and
their collective membership of more than 200,000 residents, MEC is fighting
to protect our land resources from sprawl, guard our water, defend
children’s health from pollution, promote cleaner energy for a stronger economy, and open up the environmental decision-making processes of government.

MEC is an equal opportunity employer.

--
David Holtz
Communications & Development Director

Support the Michigan Environmental Council.
Your tax deductable donations will help protect
Michigan's environment. Visit our web site at
www.mecprotects.org or call us at 1-517-487-9539.