E-M:/ Improving Public Involvement in the DEQ

Enviro-Mich message from "Frank Ruswick" <ruswickf@michigan.gov>

As many of you may know, DEQ Director Steven Chester formed the
Environmental Advisory Council earlier this year to advise the DEQ on
major programs, policies and activities.  Director Chester asked that,
as its first order of business,  the EAC consider recommendations to
improve public involvement in DEQ activities.

The EAC has developed a set of DRAFT recommendations in response to
this request and is now seeking public review and comment on that DRAFT.

As the EAC Facilitator,  I wanted to notify enviro-mich members of
these DRAFT recommendations and encourage you to review and comment upon
them.  They can be found at the DEQ website (www.michigan.gov/deq) by
following the link under "Announcements".  If anyone has problems
accessing the document that way, I would be happy to email the material
directly to you .  I can be reached at ruswickf@michigan.gov or at
517-373-6093.

Comments can be sent to me via email or hard copy (address below) or to
deq-eac@michigan.gov.  We are asking for comments to be submitted by
October 31, 2003.

Thank you.

Frank Ruswick