[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]
E-M:/ Bush administration says EPA won't regulate ships' ballast water
- Subject: E-M:/ Bush administration says EPA won't regulate ships' ballast water
- From: HAMILTREEF@aol.com
- Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 13:06:23 EDT
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- List-Name: Enviro-Mich
- Reply-To: HAMILTREEF@aol.com
It was never a secret that the GW Bush administration could be bought off by the maritime industry campaign money.
Bush administration says EPA won't regulate ships' ballast water
SAN JOSE, Calif. - (KRT) - Skirting what some scientists say is the most significant water quality threat to San Francisco Bay and other ports - invasive species - the Bush administration on Tuesday announced that the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency will not regulate ballast water discharges from ships.
A coalition of 15 environmental and fishing groups had asked the EPA to declare that ballast water was a pollutant that could be regulated under the federal Clean Water Act.
Fortwayne.com - Your Fort Wayne Everything Guide