Re: E-M:/ FWS/Michigan study of bird/communication tower problems

Enviro-Mich message from Barbara Jean Madsen <bjmadsen@umich.edu>

On a related issue, I wonder if anyone on the list has at their fingertips
any reliable figures on effects of windmills on birds.  There was a lot of
controversy about the installation of just a couple of windmills at
Mackinaw City a few years ago, and I have heard everything from "they kill
millions of birds" to "they don't kill birds at all".  Has anyone seen any
good research on this topic?  Thanks.

--Barb Madsen