Re: E-M:/ Condemning violations of laws

Enviro-Mich message from Barbara Jean Madsen <bjmadsen@umich.edu>

Like you, Anne, I had not seen or heard anything about this incident until
receiving Mr.  Groenleer's posting.  It is, of course, ridiculous to think
that any of the local people fighting this project in the courts would be
a party to such terrorism; after all, many of the people who work at that
plant are their neighbors and even friends and relatives.

What has really been "deafening" is the silence of the media in reporting
almost anything about this whole case; in southeast Michigan, at least 95%
of the people I talk to have no idea that Nestle/Ice Mountain is pumping
water anywhere in Michigan, or that there is any opposition to their doing
so.

--B.J. Madsen