E-M:/ October is the month of Water for Michigan

Enviro-Mich message from Frank Ambrose <snakeman1549@yahoo.com>

Upcoming Water Events in October

The fight for water is heating up in October. We are
hosting a number of events to fight for water for
people and the planet. A more complete description of
each event will sent out soon. All events are open to
all and free.

October 1st: Water Hearing in Highland Park. 6pm.
Woodward at California. All are invited and
encouraged to come out and tell the Highland Park city
council and the state adminstrators why they should
enact a moratorium on water shut offs and return power
to the residents. HP residents are asking for others
to come and offer solidarity in their struggle to stop
the shut offs and regain control of their city.

Oct. 13: "The World Water Crisis" 7-9 pm. Barth Hall,
Cathedral of St. Paul (woodward and warren in Detroit)

A panel presentation featuring:
Patrick Bond, South African Anti-privatization
activist
Maureen Taylor, Welfare Rights Activist
Rod Murphy, AFSCME Local 1497, and African Studies at
Wayne State U.

Oct. 18: Boycott Ice Mountain Demonstration at
Meijer's.  Hill Rd. Meijer in Flint. 12-2. We will be
picketing and wearing "Ask me about Ice Mountain"
T-shirts (provided)

Oct. 24th: 12-3. Demonstration in Lansing at the the
State Capitol. We will be delivering a "Message in a
Bottle" to Granholm. So, find some water bottles in
the trash and fill it with a message and bring it
along to give to the Governor. The 24th is the UN Day,
and 2003 is the year of water according to the
international body. There is great symbolism on this
day go to Lansing and demand water from the governor.
There will be a planning meeting for this
demonstration on Oct. 13 at 5:30 at the Hannan House
in Detroit (it is on woodward, one block from the
church where the talk is going to be held).

For More Info: email massasaugaef@yahoo.com

Events Sponsored by: Sweetwater Alliance, Michigan
Welfare Rights Organization, Highland Park Human
Rights Coaltion, Massasauga Earth First!