E-M:/ Fwd: Adamah info series ***Good Things Are Happening in Detroit***

Note: forwarded message attached.

http://shopping.yahoo.com

Hi Everyone,

Here's the info for the first Adamah co-sponsored presentation as part of the "Good Things are Happening" series. Please send this out to anyone who might be interested and please come to it yourself and bring a friend! The more the merrier.
- Jacob

The Alternative Economic Club,
along with the Adamah Network,
Presents

Part 1 of our 4 part
"Good Things Are Happening" Series

Neighborhoods That Work:
What Communities are Doing to Survive and Thrive

Tuesday, October 14, 2003
6:30 Networking
complimentary beverages and food available for purchase
7 - 8:30 Program

at the
Art Exchange Gallery
2966 Woodward Avenue in Detroit, 3 blocks south of Mack

Speakers:
Tom Goddeeris,
Executive Director, Grandmont Rosedale Development Corporation
Kathleen Wendler,
Executive Director, Southwest Detroit Business Association
Christine Sheppard- Decius,
Executive Director, City of Ferndale Development Authority

This program is being co-Sponsored by Community Development Advocates of Detroit

There is no admission charge because we do not want to exclude anyone. In order to cover our costs, we suggest a donation of $5.00. Additional donations will be appreciated.

Help us plan: RSVP to (313) 964-8088 or aec@adamah.org
Check out http://www.adamah.org/aec

The "Good Things Are Happening" series highlights positive and creative projects, programs, and living practices in the Detroit area that challenge traditional understandings of economics while building community and revitalizing neighborhoods.

With partial funding from the Detroit Chapter of the National Lawyers Guild's Buck Dinner

Additional Dates for the Good Things Are Happening Series Include:
November 18 - Using and Planning for Better Transportation Options in SE Michigan
February 10 - Community Supported Agriculture: Connecting Growers and Consumers
March 23 - A Smaller Footprint: Cutting our Energy Use and Costs