RE: E-M:/ RE: / Massasauga Earth First! statement about theattempted ELF action at Ice Mountain

Interesting and good observation - but Mr. Ambrose IS NOT main stream environmental activist - his words speak for themselves in revealing what he is all about - but should not reflect on others on this list.  One can differ in views and not engage in personal attacks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Zabick [mailto:Rzabick@co.wayne.mi.us]
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2003 10:20 AM
To: enviro-mich@great-lakes.net; snakeman1549@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: E-M:/ RE: / Massasauga Earth First! statement about theattempted ELF action at Ice Mountain

Enviro-Mich message from "Robert Zabick" <Rzabick@co.wayne.mi.us>

And just who makes the determination as to who is a ruthless polluter?

People who use water to make products we all use?
Farmers who raise animals we all eat?
Manufacturers who make cars we all drive?
Powerplants that make the electricity we all enjoy?

Sure there is corporate abuse, but lets work within the law, or work to change the laws where needed.

Spending time on E-M has sure given me first hand knowledge of the term "environmental wacko".

>>> Frank Ambrose <snakeman1549@yahoo.com> 09/30/03 09:07AM >>>
Enviro-Mich message from Frank Ambrose <snakeman1549@yahoo.com>

Grant,

you hit the nail on the head. It is a ruleless,
lawless society for corporations and those who want to
rape the earth. Why should we sit back and let it
happen when these creeps poison our air and water. Do
you really think that does not put terror in the
hearts of people? What are the cancer and asthma rates
in our bioregion, directly as a result of
environmental insult? Why should people who want to
protect the earth have any respect for those who want
to defile it? There can no compromise when it comes to
making sure the water is clean, the food is safe, the
forests are protected, and so on.

Also look who are the first two on this list to jump
up and down about the audacity of a respectable, long
standing effective movement (earth first!) to support
"illegal" activity. Ken and Grant are long time
industry lackeys. Ken loves the smell of chicken crap
and thinks everyone should too,  and Grant thinks that
people in the city should just live with the toxic
waste lands left behind by now defunct and conviently
reorganized (to escape legal accountability)
corporations. Ken is a corporate farmer's lawyer, and
Grant specializes in ramming brownfield redevelopment
without cleanup.

--- "Trigger, Grant R." <GTrigger@honigman.com> wrote:
> Frankly I am waiting to count the credible
> organizations that denounce ELF and ANYONE who has
> the audacity to endorse such tactics. Maybe we
> should be slicing the tires of any hunter who dares
> shoot an animal, maybe we should put spikes in the
> road to stop anyone who does not leave enough room
> to pass a bicycle, maybe we should put barbed wire
> at about 3 feet off the gropund on ORV and
> snowmobile trails - this whole discourse should
> disgust a normal human being.
>
> A ruleless society is a lawless disrespectful
> society and for those who desire and ecourage
> defying the law - they should move to a country that
> embraces a lawless society.
>
> As to this issue - Michigan is a net importer of
> water - just check the facts  - also where do you
> think the water came from that was used to make and
> export Stroh's beer and Vernor's ginger ale? And
> Frankenmuth ale?   Where did the water come from
> used to can vegetables from the Thumb?  Where did
> the water come from in the radiater of your car?
> Could Ice Mountain bottle water from Lake Huron and
> be less a fiend?
>
> First amendment is one thing encouraging actions
> designed to destroy and put terror in the heart are
> another
>
> Anne - I invite the Sierra Club denounce these
> actions - taking a position on an issue and
> endorsing these actions are two different things.

=== message truncated ===

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

=====================

=====================

Confidential:  This electronic message and all contents
contain information from the law firm of Honigman Miller
Schwartz and Cohn LLP which may be privileged,
confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure.
The information is intended to be for the addressee
only.  If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, copy,
distribution or use of the contents of this message is
prohibited.  If you have received this electronic message
in error, please notify us immediately (313.465.7000)
and destroy the original message and all copies.