E-M:/ RE: / State Forms Clean Water Corps

Thank you, Dave, for posting this message to Enviro-Mich, this is indeed wonderful news!

I would like to be among the first to acknowledge and accept the Governor’s request for volunteers.  The Sierra Club Mackinac Chapter Water Sentinels project will be happy to coordinate our efforts and work closely with the Department of Environmental Quality to monitor and track water quality in lakes and streams in the state.

The Sierra Club’s Water Sentinels Project has been working for 2 years to educate our volunteers and Michigan citizens about the value of volunteer water quality monitoring, and we have projects located already in several areas around the state.  The waters of the state are indeed the waters of Michigan citizens and we thus have a duty to oversee them and ensure their high quality.  The Clean Water Act was written with citizens in mind, it is our Act, and it may be the most important Act of modern times.

Along with all the terrific Michigan watershed groups already in existence, how do we go about joining this effort?

Thank you again!

~~Rita Jack

Sierra Club Mackinac Chapter

Water Sentinels Project Director