E-M:/ Detroit News: polluters dump without fear

Enviro-Mich message from David Holtz <holtzmec@voyager.net>

An excellent series carried Sunday by The News documents widespread
pollution by companies due to a wholesale lack of enforcement of
environmental laws by the state.  Meanwhile, our elected officials in
Lansing, insteard of funding enforcement of  water pollution laws,
trying to eliminate pollution reporting as part of pollution permitting.

http://www.detnews.com/specialreports/2003/polluters/index.htm

--
David Holtz
Communications & Development Director

Support the Michigan Environmental Council.
Your tax deductable donations will help protect
Michigan's environment. Visit our web site at
www.mecprotects.org or call us at 1-517-487-9539.

"Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity."
-- Horace Mann