E-M:/ Honoring Our Detroit River Book Presentation & Signing on Fri, Nov 14

Honoring Our Detroit River - Caring for Our Home
Presentation and book signing
Friday, November 14, 7:00 - 9:00 pm
Art Gallery of Windsor, 401 Riverside Dr. W., Windsor, ON
Presented by the Citizens Environment Alliance and The Bookroom

This event is free and open to the public.

From Wayne State University Press:

With its long reputation as a polluted and degraded river in the industrial heartland, the Detroit River has been identified by the International Joint Commission as a Great Lakes Area of Concern with impaired beneficial uses. Yet the river has undergone a dramatic rehabilitation, and in July 1998 it was designated by Presidential Executive Order as one of 14 American Heritage Rivers in the United States. The Detroit Riverórunning 51 kilometers and linking Lake St. Clair to Lake Erieóserves as an invaluable and multifaceted community resource for economic development, environmental stewardship, and historical preservation.
Honoring Our Detroit River looks at key aspects of the riverís history and impact on the surrounding ecosystem since its formation some 14,000 years ago. Unique environmental stories highlight the Detroit Riverís significant progress and help readers to learn more about this valuable resource and to care for it as their home.
For more book information, visit: http://wsupress.wayne.edu/glb/cranbrook/hartighodr.htm

Join us in the celebration of the recently published book Honoring our Detroit River - Caring for our Home. Dr. John Hartig will provide an overview of this book and contributor Dr. Jan Cibrowski and others will share their insight. Published by Wayne State University Press and edited by Dr. John Hartig, River Navigator for the Greater Detroit American Heritage River Initiative. Books will be available for purchase and signing. Light refreshments will be served.

To the AGW from the Detroit-Windsor Tunnel
After clearing customs, turn left on to Park Street East, and then right at first light on to Ouellette Avenue. Heading north, turn left at first light on to University Avenue West. Heading west, turn right at third light on to Church Street. Proceed north for three blocks. AGW is located at Pitt and Church. Parking accessible from both Pitt and Church streets.

To the AGW from the Ambassador Bridge
After clearing customs, keep right, following signage for downtown Windsor, turning right on to Huron Church Road (heading north). Pass through two sets of lights, and turn right on to Riverside Drive West (heading east). At second set of lights, turn right on to Church Street. Proceed to first stop sign at Pitt Street West. AGW entrance is located at Pitt and Church. Parking accessible from both Pitt and Church streets.

For more information about this event, please contact Leesa Bringas, Administrator, 519-973-1116 or cea@mnsi.net

Citizens Environment Alliance
of southwestern Ontario and southeast Michigan

275 Oak Avenue, Windsor, Ontario, N9A 5E5, CANADA

25443 Ridgewood Dr., Farmington Hills, MI, 48336

phone: 519.973.1116
fax: 519.973.8360
cea@mnsi.net

Download our latest newsletter at: