E-M:/ FW: Nov 3rd Lecture on Genetically Engineered Foods-HTML version

Title: Nov 3rd Lecture on Genetically Engineered Foods-HTML version

**PLEASE FORWARD AND POST AS YOU SEE FIT**

You are invited to join us for an informative evening

Monday, November 3, 2003, 7:00 to 9:00PM
At
Birmingham Unitarian Church

(West side of Woodward Ave just north of Lone Pine Road
in Bloomfield Hills)

A Lecture and Book Signing with

 Jeffrey Smith©

founder of the Institute for Responsible Technology and member of the
Sierra Club Genetic Engineering Committee, author of...

"Seeds of Deception"

a highly readable book exposing industry and government lies
about the safety of the Genetically Engineered foods you're eating.

Come join us as we welcome Jeffrey to Metro Detroit on his international lecture and book signing tour.  Copies of "Seeds of Deception" will be available for $17.95 and will be gladly signed by the author.

Have you wondered about the claim that it is safe to eat genetically engineered food?

Do you realize that you have not been given a choice about whether you will participate in this experiment with our food system?

Are you aware that there are healthy ways to avoid eating genetically engineered foods?

Attendance at this informative lecture is free.  Donations will be greatly appreciated.

For more information call Claire O'Leary at 248-335-4140.

Visit
www.seedsofdeception.com for more about the book.

What people are saying about Seeds of Deception

"Jeffrey Smith masterfully combines the art of storytelling and investigative reporting. The result is riveting, enlightening, and disturbing. I was shocked to learn of the dangers of genetically modified foods and relieved to know how to avoid them."- Jennifer Read Hawthorne, Coauthor, Chicken Soup for the Woman's Soul

"Seeds of Deception is a major event in informing the public about the safety or (more precisely the lack of it) of genetically modified foods, which are hailed to be one of the most important scientific developments of our age© A particular strength of the book-and this will be hated by the pro-GM lobby-is that it uses a very colorful but easily understandable language to describe what is usually regarded as 'high' science. My greatest compliment is that even though I am a scientist I got some special insights into the workings of the recombinant DNA technology from Jeffrey Smith's enjoyable presentation."- Arpad Pusztai, Ph.D., Leading Expert on Safety Research Conducted on GM Foods

"A must read if you are to protect yourself and your family. . . this book could save your life." - Howard F. Lyman, Author, Mad Cowboy

"After reading the truth about these foods, consumers will avoid eating them and food company executives will want them out of their products." - Larry Bohlen, Friends of the Earth

"The best written on the subject." - Ronnie Cummins, Director, Organic Consumer's Association   (who wrote a book on this subject himself!!)

"Jeffrey Smith's lucid, informative, and tightly argued exposé of genetically modified foods lays bare the blockbuster food safety issue of the 21st century©Mr. Smith presents a roadmap of insensitivity by
America's food giants and a blueprint of action to stop them from wreaking further havoc. Every American should read this book."- James S. Turner, Esq., Author, The Chemical Feast: The Nader Report on the Food and Drug Administration