RE: E-M:/ Web site for wetlands preservation?

We at Tip of the Mitt Watershed Council are in the process of improving a website that we secured years ago to be the home of the Michigan Wetland Action Coalition (www.michiganwetlands.org).  Currently this site features the latest edition of the citizen's guide, "Michigan's Wetlands – Yours to Protect," which is a valuable resource for wetland advocates.  We would like to volunteer this site as an appropriate place to incorporate the ideas expressed below, as well as other ideas that may come up.

Please send comments about what you think the website's functions should be (message board, action alerts, etc.) and direct information you would like to see on the site (background info, pictures, etc) to chrisgrubb@watershedcouncil.org.

We are also preparing to launch the bi-weekly Michigan Wetlands Action Coalition e-newsletter to highlight pressing wetland issues.  In the past Tip of the Mitt has sent out hard copies of action alerts, but in this day and age we need to better utilize electronica, and will primarily be using the e-newsletter to communicate.  Please send me your email address if you would like to receive the newsletter.

Chris Grubb, Program Assistant

Tip of the Mitt Watershed Council

(231) 347-1181 ext. 118

chrisgrubb@watershedcouncil.org