>From my perspective (i.e., focus on protecting the environment), dove
hunting would have no adverse impacts on populations or ecosystems.
Accordingly, I've always had a problem with understanding the opposition
to a dove season in Michigan.  So please educate me.

The key to our success as a movement, particularly in this very
unfriendly House and Senate, is to keep focused on that which is
important--the integrity of the air, water, and land that provides the
habitat for all of us (including game and nongame species) to survive.

Thanks,

Wil Cwikiel
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-enviro-mich@great-lakes.net
[mailto:owner-enviro-mich@great-lakes.net] On Behalf Of Lucinda J. Means
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2003 2:09 PM
Cc: enviro-mich@great-lakes.net
Subject: Re: E-M:/ RE: / Response to Dove Rally

-
Enviro-Mich message from "Lucinda J. Means" <LMBike@voyager.net>
-

Wil Cwikiel wrote:
> Thank You Amanda!

No thank you Amanda!

I responded privately to Ms. Hathaway as this particular issue is very
contentious and controversial and my strong feelings about the topic
would not serve to advance the agenda of furthering environmental
preservation, which I believe is purpose of this particular list serve.

In my view, Mr. Cwikiel's response would have been better as a private
email too.  All of us are far too busy to read emails that are "atta boy

or girl" or "Me too" in nature.

If you're going to post on this list, please make sure your comments are

substantive.

Thanks.

--
Lucinda J. Means
Executive Director

We Are Working to Make Michigan a Bicycle Friendly State

enviro-mich"