E-M:/ Enviro-Mich "Message Snipping Warning"

Dear EM participants:

In the last week, I've noticed that the majordomo list processor
handling Enviro-Mich messages has been "Snipping" text out of
messages delivered to the list that are forwarded messages with
bars or carrots to the left of the text.

This is some type of automatic new process that I did not initiate and I don't
yet understand why the list is functioning like this.

Until further word from me, persons attempting to post messages to
EM should ensure that the text to be posted does not have bars or
carrots to the left for the primary message that you're intending to post.
Otherwise, most of your posting will be automatically "snipped."   I.E. you're
going to have to edit out left margin verticle bars or carrots that
occur when attempting to "forward" other content to the EM list
or when "replying" to messages previously forwarded to the list.

If I can figure out why this is doing this and turn it off, I'll let you all
know.   I would nevertheless also counsel to please trim all of the
excess baggage off of messages you do post....such as posting the
entire full version of a replied to message when only a part of it is
relevant to your reply.

Regards,

Alex Sagady
EM Listmanager

PO Box 39,  East Lansing, MI  48826-0039
(517) 332-6971; (517) 332-8987 (fax); ajs@sagady.com