E-M:/ Fight for an end to gas guzzling SUV's this Friday in Dearborn

Enviro-Mich message from Frank Ambrose <snakeman1549@yahoo.com>

Picket at the Village Ford in Dearborn, MI
Friday, November 7th
4-6pm
23535 Michigan Ave Dearborn, MI (just east of
Telegraph Rd on Mich Ave.)

Stand up for peace, stand up for the environment,
and stand up against corporate greed at the expense of
life and freedom! Come to Dearborn this Friday and
join in a National Day of Action to hold Ford
accountable for their wasteful and morally bankrupt
promotion and profit from gas-guzzling SUV's! Let's
make a noise they can't ignore!

The US has just 5% of the world's population, but we
consume 25% of the world's oil. Forty percent of the
oil we use goes into our inefficient vehicles. This
costs drivers $186 billion a year at the gas pump.
With US oil consumption estimated to increase by 33%
in the next 20 years, 70% of our oil will have to come
from foreign, often politically unstable sources.
Already, this is pushing US troops into conflicts from
Iraq to Colombia.

In Equador, Texaco oil's practices between 1971-1991
resulted in the deforestation of two million acres of
rainforest, the spilling of 16.8 million gallons of
crude oil and the dumping of 4.3 million gallons of
unkown carcinogens and other toxic waste.

Many Ford vehicles on the road today get fewer miles
to the gallon than did Ford's model-T some 80 years
ago. The technology exists to offer consumers
fuel-efficient hybrid cars and SUV's that get up to
60mpg. Mass transit and development planning would
also lower our fossil fuel use. We must demand an end
to oil addiciton and wastefulness that kills innocent
people and destroys the natural world to make a few
men rich.

Jumpstart Ford Campaign

Massasauga Earth First!
massasaugaef@yahoo.com