E-M:/ Nominate Weenie 2003

November 6, 2003

Itís Weenie Time again!

Just Two Weeks 'til the Weenies (Thursday, November 20, 2003).

We are gearing up for our annual Weenie Awards party on Thursday, November 20, 2003. The Weenies are our chance to recognize the person, corporation, or agency that has achieved new lows in their contribution to environmental degradation in southwestern Ontario and southeast Michigan.

Past weenies include:

Golf Course Developer Don Hearn
Former Ontario Premier Mike Harris
Outgoing Michigan Governor John Engler
Zalev Brothers Ltd.
Sarnia's Chemical Producers
Ontario Hydro
The late Mayor of Detroit Coleman A. Young & the Detroit Incinerator
Cindy Prince, Essex County Planner

The CEA wants you to participate in the Weenie process. Complete our Weenie Nomination Form by mail, fax or email by Wednesday, November 13, 5 pm, telling us who you think should be the Weenie for 2003 and why. We'll read and evaluate all submissions and consider them when we draft the final list of nominees to be considered at the ceremonies.

Weenie 2003 Nomination Form

name:

organization:

location:

nominee:

explanation:

Nominate this year's Enviro-Achievers!

The Weenie Awards have also been a time to celebrate positive contributions made by people or organizations in our communities. The CEA invites you to help us choose this year's Enviro-Achievers by completing our Enviro-Achievers Nomination Form. Include why you believe your nominee deserves to be recognized for positive contributions made to our communities. Nominees for life-long commitments to the environment are also welcomed. The CEA will not release a nominations list, rather we will present the Enviro-Achiever awards at the Weenie Awards.

Enviro-Achiever 2003 Nomination Form

name:

organization:

location:

nominee:

explanation:

So come on out to boo, jeer and heckle your favorite weenie to victory! Check out this year's nominees in an entertaining (and informative) Powerpoint presentation by Matthew Romain, Master of Ceremonies. Weenie Voting will begin at 8pm on Thursday, November 20, 2003 at Artcite Inc., 109 University Ave. W.,  (next to the Capitol Theatre), Windsor, Ontario. Stick around for refreshments, door prizes and musical-styling by local DJs.

Directions to the Weenie Awards at Artcite Inc.:

From the Tunnel (into Canada):

After clearing customs, turn left on to Park Street, and then right at first light on to Ouellette. Heading north, turn left at first light on to University Avenue. Proceed one block, and begin to look for street parking... ARTCITE is located right next to the Capitol Theatre, nearest to the corner of University and Pelissier!

From the Bridge (into Canada):
After clearing customs, keep right, following billboard directions for downtown Windsor, turning right on to Huron Church (heading north). Pass through one sets of lights, and turn right on to University Ave W (heading east). Follow this into the downtown core through 4 sets of lights (the last will be the Victoria intersection) until you see the Capitol Theatre and ARTCITE on your right!

Citizens Environment Alliance
of southwestern Ontario

275 Oak Avenue, Windsor
Ontario, N9A 5E5, CANADA