E-M:/ Honoring Our Detroit River Book Presentation and Signing this Fri, Nov 14 @ 7 pm

Honoring Our Detroit River - Caring for Our Home Book Presentation and Signing
Friday, November 14, 7:00 -  8:45 pm
(please note slight time change)
Art Gallery of Windsor, 401 Riverside Dr. W.
(located in the Betty F. Wilkinson Room, first floor)

Presented by the Citizens Environment Alliance and the Bookroom

Join us in the celebration of the recently published book Honoring our Detroit River - Caring for our Home. Dr. John Hartig, contributor and editor will provide a historical overview of the Detroit River- its early history, contamination and pollution and current initiatives to help preserve and restore our spectacular river. Contributor Dr. Jan Ciborowski will provide his insight on Lessons from Sentinel Invertebrates: Mayflies and Other Species. This book is published by Wayne State University Press and edited by Dr. John Hartig, River Navigator for the Greater Detroit American Heritage River Initiative. Books will be available for purchase and signing. Light refreshments will be served.

From Wayne State University Press:
Honoring Our Detroit River looks at key aspects of the riverís history and impact on the surrounding ecosystem since its formation some 14,000 years ago. Unique environmental stories highlight the Detroit Riverís significant progress and help readers to learn more about this valuable resource and to care for it as their home.

For more book information, visit: http://wsupress.wayne.edu/glb/cranbrook/hartighodr.htm

For more information about this event, please contact:
Derek Coronado, Research & Policy Coordinator, (519) 973-1116;
Leesa Bringas, Administrator, Citizens Environment Alliance, (519) 973-1116

To the AGW from the Detroit-Windsor Tunnel
After clearing customs, turn left on to Park Street East, and then right at first light on to Ouellette Avenue. Heading north, turn left at first light on to University Avenue West. Heading west, turn right at third light on to Church Street. Proceed north for three blocks. AGW is located at Pitt and Church. Parking accessible from both Pitt and Church streets.

To the AGW from the Ambassador Bridge
After clearing customs, keep right, following signage for downtown Windsor, turning right on to Huron Church Road (heading north). Pass through two sets of lights, and turn right on to Riverside Drive West (heading east). At second set of lights, turn right on to Church Street. Proceed to first stop sign at Pitt Street West. AGW entrance is located at Pitt and Church. Parking accessible from both Pitt and Church streets.

Citizens Environment Alliance
of southwestern Ontario

275 Oak Avenue, Windsor
Ontario, N9A 5E5, CANADA