E-M:/ Washtenaw County Recycles Day Celebration!

Title: Washtenaw County Recycles Day Celebration!

Come celebrate and show your commitment to recycling and waste reduction in Washtenaw County! The Washtenaw County Division of Public Works will be holding its First Annual Washtenaw County Recycles Day Celebration at the Leopold Brothers Brewery from 5:30-8pm on Thursday November 13. The Leopold Brothers Brewery is located at 523 S. Main St. in Ann Arbor.  Free parking is available across the street!

At this event, we will celebrate America Recycles Day locally by recognizing our Waste Knot Partners and honoring their commitment to innovative recycling practices. The Waste Knot Program publicly recognizes Washtenaw County businesses, schools, and non-profit organizations that make an effort to preserve and protect the environment by reducing, reusing, and recycling. In addition, we will be educating the public about existing community recycling programs. We will also be honoring local leaders and recyclers whose continued support of recycling in our community has made its widespread success possible.

The evening will include food, prizes, and educational displays about the Waste Knot Program, America Recycles Day and Washtenaw County recycling. In celebration of America Recycles Day, which is November 15th, we will also be holding a cell phone recycling drive at the event. Be sure to bring your old cell phones and get ready for a great evening!

Thank you in advance for your help in making this a successful event!
http://planning.ewashtenaw.org

Marshall Labadie
Environmental Manager
Washtenaw County
Department of Planning and Environment
(734) 222-6889 or labadiem@ewashtenaw .org

"Working to improve the quality of life for Washtenaw County residents...."