[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]
E-M:/ ELK RAPIDS - Village pushes for new wetlands fill
- Subject: E-M:/ ELK RAPIDS - Village pushes for new wetlands fill
- From: HAMILTREEF@aol.com
- Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 11:07:09 EST
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- List-Name: Enviro-Mich
- Reply-To: HAMILTREEF@aol.com
Village pushes for new wetlands fill
Project predates adjacent stalled developments
ELK RAPIDS - Another controversial wetlands fill is being proposed a few hundred yards from Lake Michigan - this time by village officials.
The village has filed for a permit from the state Department of Environmental Quality to fill almost nine acres of wetlands with nearly 28,000 cubic yards of material south of First Street between Ash and Pine streets.