E-M:/ Washtenaw County Regional Planning Workshops

Title: Washtenaw County Regional Planning Workshops

Do you want to preserve Washtenaw County’s unique sense of place?  Do you want a sustainable future for our community?  Concerned about traffic, jobs, open spaces, taxes, housing, the environment, parks and recreation?  If you are, please attend one of the five regional planning workshops to weigh in on these issues affecting our community now and in the future.  At these workshops, citizens will participate in strategy sessions for the development of the county Comprehensive Plan.

PUBLIC WELCOME!

Washtenaw County is in the process of developing a Comprehensive Plan.  The purpose of this plan is to develop a clear and compelling vision for the community’s future and identify comprehensive goals, specific strategies and action steps for meeting the vision.

Five (5) Regional Public Workshops have been scheduled to overview the Comprehensive Plan process, present 2020 population, housing and land use projections, and to hear from the public on how the County plan can best serve county residents.  The 5 meetings will be held on the following dates and locations:

November 20, 2003 at 7:00 p.m.  Washington Street Education Center, 500 E. Washington, Chelsea

December 4, 2003 at 7:00 p.m.   York Township Hall, 11560 Stony Creek Road, Milan

December 10, 2003 at 7:00 p.m.  Washtenaw Community College, Morris Lawrence Building, 4800 E. Huron River Drive, Ann Arbor Twp.

December 11, 2003 at 7:00 p.m.  Manchester Middle School Cafeteria, 410 City Rd., Manchester

December 18, 2003 at 7:00 p.m.  Whitmore Lake High School Cafeteria, 8877 Main Street, Northfield Township

Public participation is critical in developing a plan that will protect our quality of life.  The five regional workshops will provide an opportunity to hear from you on what important issues and opportunities need to be addressed as part of the Plan.

Based on your comments, draft vision, goals and strategies will be developed in early 2004 and a second series of public workshops will occur in the spring of 2004.

For more information check out our website:

http://planning.ewashtenaw.org

Marshall Labadie
Environmental Manager
Washtenaw County
Department of Planning and Environment
(734) 222-6889 or labadiem@ewashtenaw .org

"Working to improve the quality of life for Washtenaw County residents...."