E-M:/ Brighton Township

Brighton Township Natural Features Overlay District Ordinance hearing

November 20, 2003   7:00 pm Brighton Township Fire Hall, 1580 S. Old 23 (south of Hyne Rd.) Brighton.

This is an unbelievable opportunity to make a positive statement on the value of preserving natural features.  A good turnout Thursday could show the other Livingston County townships that the public will is behind the effort to protect the remaining special features in the community.

This is not about stopping development; it is about respecting our heritage and recognizing our human responsibility to save a place for wild things.   You can be sure that the developers will be there to protest this "restriction".   Even if you just come and are another body in the crowd to support those speaking in favor, it sends a message.

Sue Kelly
Sierra Club