Sent: Friday, November 21, 2003 8:17 PM
Subject: E-M:/ Energy Bill

Statement of Representative John D. Dingell on the Energy Bill vote in the Senate

DINGELL PRAISES BIPARTISAN SENATE OPPOSITION TO ENERGY BILL

Washington, D.C. - Opponents of the energy conference bill today blocked the Senate from taking a final vote and sending the measure to President Bush. The following is a response by Congressman John D. Dingell (MI-15):

"I am pleased, but not surprised, that the Senate - on a broadly bipartisan basis - put the brakes on this slop-fed porcine product. It's time to muck out the pen. I would now urge my colleagues to do what should have been done in the beginning and pass a stand-alone reliability bill and find ways to solve our nation's energy problems, not the financial problems of individual energy companies."