E-M:/ SWAT fund-raiser to save Macomb wetlands

Forwarded from SWAT --

For those of you unfamiliar with SWAT (Saving Wetlands and Trees), we
are a group in Chesterfield Township fighting to save one of the last
large wetlands along the entire US shoreline of Lake St. Clair. Our
most recent effort was filing a MEPA suit to save one parcel of the
wetland from development. Despite the dismissal of the case, we are
moving forward to save the rest of the wetlands, which were not a part
of the lawsuit. This fundraiser is to generate money to pay our
extremely high legal costs. We hope you can attend or contribute!

Most sincerely,
Saving Wetlands and Trees of Chesterfield, Inc.

    Hello everyone!

    SWAT of Chesterfield is having an "It's a Wonderful Life" Bowling
Fund Raiser on Saturday, December 13th at 9:30 p.m.  It will take place
at Salt River Lanes, 33633 23 Mile Road, Chesterfield Twp.  Please come
and join us for a night of fun, food and friends!!!   The cost is $15
per person and includes 3 games, shoes and pizza - there will be a cash
bar.  Also, High Game, Mystery, 50/50 and Strike Ball!  It will be a
GREAT night out and we all deserve that.

    We truly appreciate everyone's support over the past few years and
we hope that you will be able to make it.  Please feel free to pass
this on to anyone else you know who might be interested in coming.  The
more...the merrier!   Reservations for those wishing to bowl (so we can
tell the bowling alley how many lanes we need) can be made by e-mail to
chesterfieldswat@yahoo.com or by calling Nancy 586-725-7353; Becky 725-
7296 or Tracy 725-7172.  Tickets can be purchased at the door.  If you
have any questions or need additional information, please call any of
the 3 people listed above.  Thanks and we will see you there!!!!!!!!

SAVING WETLANDS AND TREES of Chesterfield, Inc.
~ Take the time to become involved in your community
     Caring for the quality of the environment around you is a great
start!

Hi Dave,
I spoke with Nancy Orewyler from SWAT and she would really appreciate you posting this to enviro-mich. We modified the message a bit. We just want folks to understand what the fundraiser is about and why they are holding it.

Thank you so much!

For those of you unfamiliar with SWAT (Saving Wetlands and Trees), we are a group in Chesterfiled Township  fighting to save one of the last large wetlands along the entire US shoreline of Lake St. Clair. Our most recent effort was filing a MEPA suit to save one parcel of the wetland from development. Judge Miller, Representative Candice Miller's husband, presided over the case and didn't give any merit to the Michigan Environmental Protection Act. He gave little opportunity for the case to be heard. Despite the dismissal, we moving forward to save the rest of the wetlands, which were not a part of the lawsuit.This fundraiser is to generate money to pay our extremely high legal costs. We hope you can attend or contribute!

[...]

    P.S.  A flyer is attached in Word or Word Perfect format.

      SAVING WETLANDS AND TREES of Chesterfield, Inc.
              ~ Take the time to become involved in your community ~
     Caring for the quality of the environment around you is a great start!

    Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
[...]

Do you Yahoo!?
Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now