[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]
E-M:/ City water systems worried about lake waste pipeline plan
- Subject: E-M:/ City water systems worried about lake waste pipeline plan
- From: HAMILTREEF@aol.com
- Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 14:14:16 EST
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- List-Name: Enviro-Mich
- Reply-To: HAMILTREEF@aol.com
City water systems worried about lake waste pipeline plan
A sand-mining company's plan to discharge 8.3 million gallons of treated wastewater a day into Lake Michigan has officials in charge of the Muskegon area's water systems on edge.
The discharge pipe is near the intakes that draw in drinking water for more than 120,000 local residents -- everyone in the metropolitan Muskegon area with "city water."