E-M:/ OH - House passes Lake Erie boundary bill

Enviro-Mich message from "Pam Burt" <pb@wabpc.com>

As you probably know, the corresponding Michigan statute places the boundary at the high water mark with respect to public uses.  I have a case pending before the Mich. Court of Appeals on this issue.  The Alcona County Circuit Court Judge ruled in my client's favor that the public has the right to walk the beach of Lake Huron between the high water mark and the water's edge, under the Mich. statute.  Save Our Shorelines, a group composed mainly of lakefront homeowners, has made two attempts to file a belated Amicus Curiae brief arguing against the public's right to do so.