Re: E-M:/ Reactions to Gov's action on Ice Mountain

Enviro-Mich message from "Bill Tobler" <williamtobler@critterswoods.org>

I'm very happy to see Lana Pollack's comments.

Regarding the "comprehensive" package of legislation for early next
year, Granholm would be wise to ask for review by the citizen's groups
that are fighting the various fights all around the state.

The last two sets of "comprehensive" packages that I've seen were
toothless, feel-good, stalling packages that accomplished nothing
regarding the current problems, and were actually written in such a way
that they didn't apply to the real problems.  The loopholes written
into the proposed statutes couldn't have happened by accident.

<anne.woiwode@sierraclub.org>