Re: E-M:/ Re:Granholm gets mixed reviews

Enviro-Mich message from Frank Ambrose <snakeman1549@yahoo.com>

Not only conservation groups are mad at her. Many
other groups working on social justice issues are
equally as mad. Why is it that her big plan to get us
out of economic hardship to give any corporation,
pledging to spend a year or two more in Michigan,
lucrative tax breaks, while everyone else is supposed
to just tighten their belt and do without.

On February 4th, there is going to be a "state of the
people' address in Lansing. Lots of groups will be
represented, environmental, social justice, labor,
etc. People are starting to stand up and tell Granholm
that the budget crunch and Repub. legislature are not
excuses for befouling our environment and squeezing
the poor.

If you or your group would like to be involved, you
can email me, or come to an organizing meeting in
Highland Park on Jan. 8th, or just show up on the 4th.
The meeting is at 6pm at the HP Community College
(Glendale and 3rd--park in the fenced lot in the
rear).  We are looking to get a lot of different
groups involved to ensure that we have a large,
state-wide turnout.

Frank