Re: E-M:/ Governor sends special message on water issues to Legislature

Enviro-Mich message from Frank Ambrose <snakeman1549@yahoo.com>

They are reporting on the news that the deal she is
proposing will not stop Nestle, merely subject them to
a review before they get any more wells. Judging by
their recent comments that claim the current wells are
not harming the environment (despite the overwhelming
evidence they are having serious negative effects), I
would not expect them to deny a permit to anyone.

We should tell her to go back to the drawing board if
this is all she has to offer. By accepting the plan as
she has written, or even working on it to change some
parts, we are not doing anything but legitimizing the
water exploitation that is going on. Furthermore, we
end up setting ourselves back by creating more laws
that may contradict the protections we are granted
under the little used MEPA, the clean water statutes,
and the inland waters law (I am drawing a blank trying
to think of the proper name). If Roots decision
stands, then it seems to me that we are sitting pretty
well in terms of water protection laws and case law
history.

There will be a good chance to criticize her plan to
legitimize water exploitation and offer real
alternatives that prohibit our water from being
diverted and polluted on Feb. 4th at the "State of the
People" address at the capital, from 12-130.

Frank