RE: E-M:/ President Bush and the State of the Union Address

He did say “conservation”:

2004 – State of the Union Address by George W. Bush.

Following is the complete text of anything mentioned about the environment:

“Consumers and businesses need reliable supplies of energy to make our economy run - so I urge you to pass legislation to modernize our electricity system, promote conservation and make America less dependent on foreign sources of energy.”

Sad, but true…….TOM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thomas K. Rohrer, Director

Environmental Studies Program

318 Brooks Hall

Central Michigan University

Mt. Pleasant  MI  48859

U. S. A.

Ph. (989) 774-4409

email = tom.rohrer@cmich.edu

CMU Environmental Studies Program information is available at:

http://www.cst.cmich.edu/units/env/

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world: indeed it is the only thing that ever has!

                     -- Margaret Meade