E-M:/ proposed water withdrawal policy

Enviro-Mich message from Mary Brown <mbrown@kalnet.net>

Before we start throwing bricks at the permitting proposal for not
"catching Nestle", we need to remember that it is not constitutional to
make statutes retroactive except in limited circumstances.  Bemoaning
our lack of a statute doesn't help us improve our ability to protect our
water now. Let's get busy shaping this proposal and talking to
legislators in their districts while they are home weekends to find out
their concerns so we can be positive forces in getting a better
regulatory program for our state.

Mary Browm