E-M:/ Weird GOP-Dem Trash Trip

Enviro-Mich message from David Holtz <dholtz@cleanwater.org>

A story in today's Bay City Times says Ann Arbor Democrat and
environmental champ Chris Kolb is joining ardent DEQ hater, Livonia
Republican John Pastor, on a bipartisan trip to Toronto to explore
"turning imported Toronto trash into coal", possibly using technology at
a Saginaw firm.  I thought we were trying to keep Toronto trash out of
Michigan?   According to the Times report, Kolb and Pastor are being
joined on this trip by Craig DeRoche, R-Novi; Bill Huizenga, R-Zeeland;
Daniel Acciavatti, R-Chesterfield; Ruth Johnson, R-Holly; Chris Kolb,
Tupac Hunter, D-Detroit; and Bill McConico, D-Detroit and Joseph Rivet,
D-Bay City.

Anyone know what's up with this? Is there some deal in the works on
imported trash?

http://www.mlive.com/news/bctimes/index.ssf?/base/news-3/107478823978140.xml