RE: Re E-M:/ Re: Why John Kerry . . . Kucinich is the best candidate for Michig...

Enviro-Mich message from "Kei" <kei@comcast.net>

I respect that people are going to vote for candidates that truly represent
them. I've always done that in the past. I am supporting Dean in this
election and for the first time, I am supporting a candidates who would not
normally be my first choice. I think Kucinich has great ideas and he is the
only true pacifist among them. Truth be told, if I were to vote my true
"colors" I'd probably vote "green".

However, once we are done debating the ethics of voting for someone who may
not be your first choice, we need to realize that this election may be the
most important we've seen in our lives.

I don't believe that this is the election to make protest votes, or votes of
conscious.

I agree with a previous point made that we have to nominate someone who is
going to be able to compete with Bush. I think Kerry could hold his own, but
I happen to think Dean is the person who can give Bush the best competition.
He has been painted liberal, but he truly isn't as liberal as some of the
other candidates. For example; he has a 100% rating by the NRA. (Not
normally something I would say he should be proud of, but they are a *large*
group and he isn't actually seeking their endorsement.) If nominated, I know
his campaign will make the point that he is not *so* liberal loud and clear.
If you combine this with his energy and ability to encite people to action,
I believe his momentum would be unstoppable. Additionally, aside, from
Kucinich, Dean appears to me, to be the most sincere, trustworthy candidate
out there. He wears his heart on his sleeve. I like that.

Thanks again for your time.